[ Krishna is teaching Yoga Science to Arjuna ]
Nirmaana-chittaas are ‘created chittaas’ needed to meet specific requirements of your ‘yoga-saadhana’ (yoga-training). Each of them give specific contributions to make your yoga practice most successful. There are five ‘nirmaana-chittaas’ (focussed-chittaas). They are, – (1) Your Body-and-Life-focused-chitta (janmaja-chitta), (2) The ‘Health-focussed-chitta’ (aushadhisiddhi-chitta), (3) The ‘Mind-focussed-chitta’ (mantrasiddhi-chitta), (4) The ‘Tapas-focussed-chitta’ (tapahsiddhi-chitta) and (5) the ‘samaadhi-originated-chitta’ (samaadhija-chitta).
• Introduction – Nirmaana-chittaas
• ‘Nirmaana-Chittaas’ Serve Specific Purposes
• Your ‘Body-And-Life’ Is A Nirmaana-Chitta
• Your Health-Focused Chitta Is A Nirmaana-Chitta
• Your Mantra-Focused Chitta Is A Nirmaana-Chitta
• Your Tapas-Focuse Chitta Is A Nirmaana-Chitta
• Your Samaadhi-Originated-Chitta Is A Nirmaana-Chitta
‘Nirmaana-Chittaas’ Serve Specific Purposes
Hi Arjun ! There are five ‘created chittaas’ (nirmaana-chittaas) in a yogi. He utilizes each of to carry out specialized tasks of his yoga-saadhana (yoga-training). They develop these ‘nirmaana-chittaas’ (created-chittaas) to make fast progress in the path of yoga. These ‘created-chittas’ (nirmaana-chittaas) look after five crucial areas of vital interest in your yoga-saadhana:
- (1) Your Body-And-Life-focused chitta (janmaja-chitta)
- (2) Health-Focused Chitta (aushadhisiddhi-chitta) ensures good health of your body and mind.
- (3) Tapas-focused chitta to make the ‘kleshaass’ weak by proper ‘praanaayaama practices’ (tapas-siddhi-chitta)
- (4) Mantra-Focused Chitta to do ‘Samaadhi’ practices and to keep your mind under perfect control
- (5) The ‘samaadhi-originated chitta’ is an absolutely purified ‘created-chitta’ (nirmaana-chitta) without any traces of ‘kleshaas’ or ‘karmaas’ in ‘Him’.
[ Excerpts in Sanskrit Text: janma-aushadhee-mantra-tapah-samaadijaa siddhayah / nirmaana-chittaani asmitaa-maatraat / yoga-prabhaavaat nirmeeyanta iti nirmaanaani chittaani yogi-samkalpa-adheena prakriti-aapuuraat kaayavat ahahamkaaraat prakritehjaayanta iti / maatra-shabdena mano-vyaavrittih samkalpa-maatrena manaso nimitta-maatratvaat iti / ]
Your ‘Body-And-Life-Focused Chitta’ Is A Nirmaana-Chitta
Hi Arjun ! Know that ‘your body-and-life-focused chitta’ (janmaja-chitta) makes you fit to continue your yoga-training (yoga-saadhana) further ahead, as a living human-being:
- In order to undertake a successful yoga-training, you must be a human-being with an intact human-body and mind.
- You need an intact and healthy human brain, nervous system, sense-organs, systems and limbs.
- You must have a healthy mind, habits, emotions and self-discipline.
- Right from birth, you have the ability to revive the other four ‘nirmaana-chittaas’ and deploy them to assist you well in your yoga-saadhana during this very life-period itself.
- Your present ‘body-and-life focused chitta’ (janmaja-chitta), as a ‘yogi’, is due to your your yoga-saadhana (yoga-training) in your past lives (puurva-karmaas) stored in your ‘original main-chitta’ (pradhaana-chitta).
You Need Three Essential Qualities For Success In Yoga
Hi Arjun ! You must accomplish three essential qualities for your success. They are, –
- (1) Best human qualities (manushyatvam)
- (2) Determination to attain ‘spiritual-liberation’ (mumukshutvam), and
- (3) Availability of Great Teachers (mahaa-purusha-samshraya) to mentor and guide you in your yoga-saadhana.
[ Excerpts in Sanskrit Text: drishta-saadhanam vinaa-api shareera-prakriti-visheshaat janmanaa-jaataa-siddhih janmaja-siddhih // kaaya-chitta-indriyaanaam abheeshta-utkarshah siddhih / saa-cha siddhih janmaja-aadih pancha-vidhaa deha-antaritaa, – karma-visheshaat anyasmin-janmani praadurbhuutaa deha-vaishishtya-jaataa janmanaa siddhih / yathaa keshaam-chit vinaa-api drishta-saadhanam shareera-prakriti-visheshaat duuraat-shravana-darshana-aadih vaa praadurbhavati // manushyatvam mumukshutvam mahaa-purusha-samshrayam // ]
Your Health-Focused Chitta Is A Nirmaana-Chitta
Hi Arjun ! As a yogi, you must enjoy the best of health and a pleasant sense of well-being, throughout your yoga-saadhana (yoga-training):
- Illness of your body and mind shows that you are still tied down to the ‘state of disrupted chitta’ (vikshipta-chittabhuumi). Diseases are painful. They make your body unsteady and breathing quite unhealthy.
- You become ill when you become ‘careless’ (pramaada) about your health and well-being during your yoga practice.
- So, right from the beginning you carefully create and develop the ‘health-focused-chitta’ (aushadhisiddhi-chitta). It is organised like a specialized department to look after and ensure your positively superior levels of health and well-being.
- Yoga has prescribed effective remedies, hygienes, purificatory processes and a life-style to be followed by the yogis. Besides, yoga also teach that you must resort to specific medicines, based on medical systems like Ayurveda, under expert medical supervision whenever necessary.
- The ‘health-focused-chitta’ is to take care of your health and well-being. ‘He’ is responsible for keeping all the 72,000 Naadees of the body clean. He promotes the health of your body and mind.
[ Excerpts in Sanskrit Text: shaucha-santosha-tapah-svaadhyaaya eeshvara-pranidhaanaani niyamaah / shaucham baahya-aabhyanara-malaanaam aakshaalanam / shauchaat svaamga-jugupsaa paraih asamsargah / sattvashuddhi-saumanasya-aikaagrya-indriyajaya-aatmadarshana-yogyatvaani cha / santhoshaat anuttama-sukha-laabhah / kaaya-indrya-siddhih ashuddhi-kshayaat tapasah / aasanajayaat dvandaih sheeta-ushnaadibhih apeedanam bhavati iti / aasanena rujo hanti praanaayaamena paatakam / vriddho-api tarunaayate / ‘yuvaa-vridhho-ativriddho-vaa vyaadhito durbalo-api vaa / abhyaasaat siddhim-aapnoti sarvayogeshu atandritah // ‘pramaadaat yogino-vaayuh unmaargena pravartitah / tadaa naanaa-vidhaa rogaah jaayante vighnakaarakaah’ / ‘yogashaastrokta-vidhinaa kriyaam kurveeta yatnatah / kuryaat yoga-chikitsaam-cha sarva-rogeshu yatnatah’ / ‘bheeti-baadhaa antaraayeshu samutpanneshu yoga-vid / yathaa-shaktim prayatnena yogaabhyaasam vivardhayet’ // ]
Your Mantra-Focused Chitta Is A Nirmaana-Chitta
Hi Arjun ! You must keep your mind under firm control in order to ‘practice samaadhi’ (samaadhi-abhyaasa) successfully:
- The ‘fickleness of mind’ (manas-chaanchalyam) is a difficult problem that you must overcome effectively, right from the beginning of your yoga-training (yoga-saadhana).
- The ‘Mantra-focused chitta’ undertakes brings of mind under firm control and make it steady (manah-sthairyam).
- This objective is achieved effectively by ‘Mantra-focused chitta’ with the help of ‘kriyaa-yoga’, ‘praanaayaama’ , and ‘samaadhi’ practices. • The singular task of the ‘Mantra-focused chitta’, of course carry out the samaadhi practices most effectively and successfully.
- The ‘Mantra-focused chitta’ (mantrasiddhi-chitta) carries out ‘His’ given task with the help of other ‘created-chittaas’ (nirmaana-chittaas), and therby lead you to the peak of spiritual enlightenment (sattv-purusha-anyataa-khyaati).
[ Excerpts in Sanskrit Text: mananaat traayate iti mantrah / tasya eeshvarasya vaachakah pranavah / vijnaata-vaacha-vaachakatvasya yoginah pranavam japatah pranavaartham-cha-bhaavayatah chittam-ekaagram-sampadyate // shuchirvaa-ashuchirvaa-api pranavam satatam japet // vyaadhi-prabhritayah-te taavat eeshvara-pranidhaanaat na bhavanti / teshaam sa-upadravaanaam vikshepaanaam vinaashaartham eka-tattvasya eeshvarasya abhyaasah kartavyah / etat-uktam, – ‘ekatattva-gochara manovritti-pravaaha-anukuulo yatnah abhyaasah’ // tatah pratyak-chetanaa-adhigamo api antaraaya-abhaavah-cha / eeshvara-pranidhaanaat bhakti-visheshaat aavarjita-eeshvarah tam-yoginam anugrahnaati abhidhyaana-maatrena / yathaa eeshvarah purushah shuddhah prasannah kevalah anupasargah tathaa ayam-api-buddheh-prati-samvedee-yah-purusah tam-adhigatchati // samaadhi-siddhih eeshvara-pranidhaanaat / tatra adhimaatra-upaayaanaam teevrasamvegaanaam aasannah samaadhi-laabhah samaadhi-phalam cha // ]
Your Tapas-Focuse Chitta Is A Nirmaana-Chitta
Hi Arjun ! Know that your ‘original-main-chitta’ (pradhaana-chitta) is as old as the eternity itself. Ever since its inception, it has been accumulating ‘stock of karmaas’ from its trillions of past lives. These stored ‘karmaas’ from the past needs to be completely destroyed, at the earliest:
- You can destroy your past karmaas, stored in your ‘original chita’, through doing ‘penance’ (tapas) right from the beginning of your yoga-saadhana (yoga-training).
- Penance (tapas) burns down and destroys completely most of these ‘stock of karmaas’ (karma-aashayaas) from your chitta.
- Without doing ‘tapas’ (penance), you cannot make much progress in the path of yoga (na atapasvino yogah siddhyati).
- So, you must give ‘penance’ (tapas) a top priority in your yoga-saadhana (yoga-training).
- In order to carry out your ‘tapas’ regularly, systematically and effectively, you must create the ‘tapas-focused-chitta’ (tapas-siddhi-chitta).
- Once it is created, this ‘tapas-focused-chitta’ (tapas-siddhi-chitta) takes up the responsibility of doing ‘tapas’ (penance) regularly and effectively.
- This accelerates your progress in the path of yoga.
[ Excerpts in Sanskrit Text: tapo dvandva-sahanam / dvandvam-cha jighatsaa-pipaase, sheeta-ushne, sthaana-aasane, kaashthamauna-aakaaramaune-cha / vrataani-cha yathaa-yogam krichhrachaandraayana-saantapana-aadeeni / na atapasvino yogah siddhyati / anaadi-karma-klesha-vaasanaa-chitraa pratyupasthita-vishayajaalaa-cha ashuddhih na-antarena-tapah sambedam-aapadyata iti tapasa upaadaanam / tat-cha chitta-prasaadanam-abaadhyamaanam anena-aasevyam-iti manyate / kaaya-indriya-siddhih ashuddhih-kshayaat tapasah / nirvartyamaanam-eva-tapo hinasti ashudhhi-aavarana-malam / tat aavarana-mala apagamaat kaaya-siddhih animaa-aadyaa / tathaa indriya-siddhih duura-shravana manana-aadyaa iti // ]
Your Samaadhi-Originated-Chitta Is A Nirmaana-Chitta
Hi Arjun ! Know that only yogis can create the ‘samaadhi-originated chitta’ (samaadhija-chitta). It is one of the five ‘nirmaana-chittaas’ (created-chittaas):
- The ‘health-focused’ (aushadhisiddhi-chitta), ‘mantra-focused’ (mantrasiddhi-chitta), and ‘tapas-focused’ (tapahsiddhi-chitta) are the three factors of ‘nirmaana-chitta’ (focused-chittaas). Jointly, they enable you to practice samaadhi most effectively.
- Regular ‘samaadhi-practice’ burns down the seeds of karmaas (dagdha-beeja-kshama) in your ‘original-main-chitta’ (pradhaana-chitta).
- Thus you destroy all the seeds of karmaas, one after another, till you have no stock of any karmaas left behind in your original-chitta (tatra dhyaanajam-anaashayam).
- Further, your actions (karmaas), as a yogi do not create or leave any fresh ‘seeds of karma’ (karma-beejaas) in your chitta.
- In this manner, you create a ‘samaadhi-originated chitta’ (samaadhija-chitta). It contains no traces or ‘seeds of karmaas or kleshas’ (karma-klesha-beejaas) in it.
- And, it makes your chitta fit for ‘spiritual liberation’ (kaivalya).
- When your ‘samaadhi-originated chitta’ (samaadhija-chitta) grow stronger and stronger, your ‘original-main-chitta’ (pradhaana-chitta) gets weaker and weaker.
- Finally, your ‘original-main-chitta’ (pradhaana-chitta) no longer finds any scope for its existence itself. It finds no further goals to achieve.
- Then, your ‘original-main-chitta’ (pradhaana-chitta) finds no reasons to prolong ‘His’ existence at all. No longer it has any excuses or reasons or ploys for its existence.
- Then, the three Gunaas in your ‘original-main-chitta’ (pradhaana-chitta) disintegrates, its fragmented elements merge into core ‘prakriti’ (Great prakriti) as if they were to return to their mother’s womb ( prati-prasava).
- Once the ‘pradhaana-chitta’ (original-main-chitta) ceases to exist, it sets your ‘eternal individual soul’ (purusha) spiritually free, forever.
[ Excerpts in Sanskrit Text: tatra dhyaanajam anaashayam / yat samaadhi-sidhha-chittam tat anaashayam, klesha-karma-vipaakaashaya-shuunyam apavarga-yogyam bhavati iti / karmaah ashukla-akrishnam-yoginah / chitta-shuddhi viveka-khyaati-dvaaraa mokshaika-phalakam ashukla-akrishnam yoginah-karma iti / sattva-purushayoh shuddhi-saamye kaivalyam // saa-tu purushakhyaati-paryavasaanaam kaarya-nishthaam praapnoti / charita-adhikaaraa nivrittaadarshanaa bandhakaarana-abhaavaat na punah-aavartate // sattva-purushayoh shuddhi-saamye kaivalyam // ]
‘Nirmaana-chittaas’ are the five ‘created-chittaas’ meant to achieve five specific objectives of your entire yoga-training (yoga-saadhana). Your ‘Body-and-Life-focused chitta’ (jannma-siddhi-chitta) allows you to continue your ‘yoga-training’ further ahead during your present life-period as well. Your ‘Health-focused chitta’ does everything to maintain the most healthy status of your body and mind. Through intense practice of ‘Tapas’, The ‘Tapas-focused chitta systematically destroys much of the ‘karma-stock’ (karma-aashaya) that were collected in your ‘original-main chitta’ (pradhaana-chitta) till now. The ‘Mantra-focused chitta’ makes you to practice ‘samaadhi’ intensely and saystematically as the core part of your ‘yoga-training’ (yoga-saadhana). Successful practice of ‘samaadhi’ (samaadhi-abhyaasa) lead to the creation of the ‘samaadhi-originated chitta’ (samaadhija-chitta). It contains ‘no traces of any kleshaas’ (na-asti raaga-aadi-pravrittih) in it. Its purity-level matches even with the unexcelled purity-level of your ‘eternal individual soul’ (purusha). When your ‘original-main chitta’ (pradhaana-chitta’) accomplishes the status of ‘samaadhi-originated chitta’ (samaadhija-chitta), it makes you fit for your ‘spiritual-liberation’ (kaivalya).
IMAGE CREDITS: Flower bud / beautiful-bloom-blooming-blossom-272178 / pexels-photo- 272178 / Source: pixabay.com / CC0 License / ✓ Free for personal and commercial use / ✓ No attribution required / The CC0 license was released by the non-profit organization Creative Commons (CC).
Originally posted 2017-06-24 22:48:22.